Search MCR

Thursday, September 11, 2008

[MCR] Mt. Aberdeen

Climbed Mt Aberdeen yesterday September 10.   New snow consisted of 10 cm down low at the toe and up to 50 cm up high.  The new snow bonded well.   The second head wall after the Bergschrund slid during the last storm.  The steep ice lower down was extremely hard due to cold temps.  Felt like ice climbing in the winter.

I descended the south side to Paradise Valley.  Was actually in pretty good shape with a bit of running water and the new snow in the gully made for good traveling which was surprising.  Once I reached the old trail, I decided to cross the river little upstream, very easy, and a ten minute bushwhack with a 20 minute pleasant climb, I reached the trail that went to Annet Lake.   Was surprisingly easy -I would do that again.

Cold temps all day I  observed no rock fall.

Play safe,

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide